Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday morning forecast: Shower

This morning it was a shower, clean clothes, clean room. We ran out of hot water, but that's small potatoes. Clean sheets are on the way.

During Dr. Conlon's visit this morning, he said Vlad's kidney situation continues to improve and he's happy with the progress. They'll start the second chemo drug, "the Ida," today. Vlad's already on "the Ara-C."

The doc also said the CT scan from last Friday showed a spot on his liver, a slightly enlarged spleen and some swollen lymphnodes. But he said that was textbook for this leukemia, and he isn't concerned about those now. He said the chemo is attacking everything.

Had to run some disability papers over to Conlon's office. Now back at work. I've been talking with my supervisor, Jenny, about taking the next two weeks off. I've just got to get a handle on this and I can't do it while I'm working. I just hope I'll be able to figure out how to do it on the other side of the two weeks.

Anyway, must work now. Later.

No comments: