Tuesday, March 18, 2008

All wet

I wasn't feeling good today; so I came home around 6, leaving Vlad and Alex to play some chess. Lana arrived with borscht and some late visitors were expected -- Olga among them. I'm feeling better now. I think it's all the fast food. I'm not used to it and am vowing not to do any more for awhile.

Vlad ate like a horse today. His BP inched up a bit more and he still has no fever. The cough is strange. He goes along for hours without it, then it hits like a tornado out of the blue. He's still on the codeine cough syrup.

John and Alex left about 15 minutes ago. Another leak developed today in the master bedroom. Another length of PVC condensation line with rat holes and a clog to boot. They got here about 10:30 pm and got to work with duct tape, flashlights, leather gloves, trash bags. There's now a hole in the bedroom ceiling, taped up, but it's just a glorious mess. They said there were at least 10 gnawed holes like the one on the other pipe that caused so much grief last Friday. This one, however, did not drip all over the bedroom like the other one.

After the patch job, we all sat in the kitchen and drank some wine and talked about everything, mostly Vlad. It was a nice oasis of time between all the insanity.

The bedroom already smells moldy/musty from Friday's leak. I'm wondering if we'll have to put Vlad into Alex's old room when he gets home. I don't know if we can put the master together before then. We shall see.

I've got to call the A/C guy in the morning. Oi.

No comments: