Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tuesday night: Programming remotes

Vlad's doing well tonight; tired but I think he'll sleep well. Sasha and Valiya came by with homemade chicken noodle soup, the original alternative medicine, and a universal remote because all the remote controls for the little LED TVs disappeared. It's not so much about watching TV; it's the challenge of programming a universal remote. It's an engineer thing.

I talked to my brother tonight. He's coming in from Austin this weekend to help me out with things. I asked him if he knows how to use a gas grill. He said, "It's fire. I'm a man. It's one of the few things we can still do." Well, that and program universal remotes.

Today Vlad finally succumbed to insulin. His blood sugar was up and down all day. It was 220 before he went to bed. They said taking insulin in this hospital setting is more about stabilizing chemistry not treating diabetes, and should therefore not be dependent on it when he gets out. It's a non-issue at this point.

Tomorrow the kidney sonogram. Looking for stones and whatnot. I'd like to hear more about test results from the doc on morning rounds. We'll see.

Thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

Bill H. said...

Vlad,
I've always found a good shove off a 10th story room floor a good remady to universal remotes and electronics in general that don't respond even after, dare I say... reading the instructions,or normal man wisdom fails which it never does. Just say "what remote"?
We can clunk heads together if you like but as always not needed, you the man! I'm just back-up.
Love you man,
Bill