Monday, March 17, 2008

Neutropenia: Day 1

Vlad's white cell count is now at 0.6, about at the bottom. He'll get his last (7th) bag of Ida-C today. Conlon came in today and told us this. I asked which week will be the worst for Vlad, he said this week. And yet Vlad seems to feel no real side effects yet.

I got into a really foul mood very quickly this morning for no identifiable reason. So I picked up/dropped off papers at Conlon's office and told Vlad I'd come back in a better mood this afternoon.

Now I have to pay bills, one of Vlad's chores. We may have identified the source of the foul mood.

Correction: Today was the last bag of the "Ara-C": Cytarabine (Cytosar-U®).

2 comments:

Bill H. said...

Hurray! the last of chemo Ida C.
Tell Vlad he's got a great spirit that I know will carry him through all of this.
Bad moods are like a big meal, deal with what's on your plate and put the rest away in the fridge. I laugh deeply, quite often, when I clean out my fridge.
Why do I my left-overs turn into crow? LOL.
Miss being with you guys!

Anonymous said...

hi laura and vlad (and keezee),

i've been following your blog and i'm so glad to be able to keep up with you.

my thoughts and prayers are with you always

gail