Thursday, April 17, 2008

Chemo begins

The consolidation chemo drip began around 6 p.m. It's supposed to be 12 hours of Cyterabine (also known as Ara-C) every other day. The bag went dry around 10:30 p.m., so I presume he'll get a new bag.

We're getting new information every time we ask a question. So it goes with cancer. Anyway, nurse Ruby, a delicate and gracious person who I think could, if necessary, wrestle a tiger to the death, said his last dose of the Ara-C would be Tuesday morning. So Vlad's already a day later getting home than we guessed. The chemo warning on his door says he's in until 4-23, which is Wednesday. Hard to tell where the real story is.

I went up for a little while. He was in a much better frame of mind than earlier. He felt bad about his whining on the phone. He also had to cut short a phone conversation with my brother, Bill, because the nurses et al were messing with him and he was in pain. He's going to call him back Friday to reconnect. I dropped by the grocery store to get him some bottled water, chamomile tea and Splenda to take tomorrow. I must go downtown early tomorrow. My PC is acting up. Everything always falls apart the minute he leaves. Sigh. Now who's whining?

No comments: