Thursday, May 15, 2008

Back in the hospital

Vlad's back in. Alex took him this morning. Alex has been with Kelly all day and now he's at Nick's. I've been working from home. We launched the gardening calendar today. Had to scan in some disability paperwork. Lots today.

Vlad had his central line installed around his collarbone. Best they can do, apparently. Why not just stick it in his neck, or up his nose? That would be easiest for them, wouldn't it? Couldn't be any more painful for Vlad. He asked for pain killer, and once again, Conlon had not prescribed one ahead of time. You'd think this would be part of the check-in protocol for chemo patients. They had to wait for him to call back to give him a painkiller. Ridiculous.

We don't have any blood numbers yet. I'm heading to the hospital soon. But I've been sitting at this computer since 7:15 a.m. and I just have to take a nap first. A really bad day for both of us. I'm feeling very isolated.

No comments: