Friday, May 30, 2008

2 stress relievers

Stress reliever #1: Friends and acquaintances

One of the garden bloggers is a cancer survivor. She knows about Vlad's leukemia. She occasionally asks about him and sends back some of the funniest "been there, done that" e-mails.

From today's dispatches:
"You know, whenever anyone says "after a long battle with cancer" I just
roll my eyes. If it were a BATTLE, at least you would have a better chance
if you fought hard. You can't really fight at all--what's to shoot?
As far as the patient is concerned, it isn't a battle--it is an endurance
contest and one part of the endurance contest is the part your husband is going
through now--where you just have to TAKE it. The other part is where I am
now--all seems well and I have to just keep my fingers crossed that I live long
enough to see a real cure come around the bend. Which it will,
eventually."

"I forgot about the mouth sores. My TONGUE even bled! ...
It wasn't every chemo, though--it seemed like one thing would go away and
then I would get something else. Once the house smelled like fungus--I
thought it was molding until I got in the car and THAT smelled like fungus,
too. And there was the dog poop chemo--everything smelled like dog
poop. AARRRGHHHH. This conversation is getting in the way of my
denial."


Stress reliever #2: Junk food disguised as health food



Kashi's dark chocolate oatmeal cookies. Just found this at Costco. Sigh.

No comments: