Thursday, July 24, 2008

The last scheduled chemo

Vlad's in the hospital; checked in this morning. He's not feeling great. He's not happy about being back there and a little apprehensive of things post-chemo. He got his line installed, even though the doctor forgot to order it. (!??) Then blood work. White cells 5.4; hemoglobin 11.2; platelets 347. The chemo started around 5:10 p.m. Yay!

He's in Room 1015; the direct line is 713-778-7078.

I've worked at home all day. Feeling very anxious and surly. The hospital deja vu makes me crazy. As I sit here in Houston, where we were in deep drought until yesterday, I'm enjoying the rain (finally!) that has been sucked up from the Gulf courtesy of Hurricane Dolly. Yet, I am dumbfounded that, within the hour, another leak in the ceiling has presented itself. It's in the office. Precariously close to my PC. It's not a bad one, but if the rain keeps up, ya know. I don't want to think about it.

Didn't I say something about hurricane season earlier? I should know better than to tempt fate.

No comments: