Saturday, July 31, 2010

My dear Carol

My dear friend, who visited Vlad last December at M.D. Anderson, has been in the hospital herself with a devastating lung infection. She was in ICU for about 3 weeks and had some kind of brain event last weekend that has apparently affected her profoundly. The doctors say it's possible she could improve. Only time will tell.

I'm very sad today. I can't help but think about all the years we've been friends. We go back to 1979, NTSU. 31 years. We were roommates off and on through the years. We had ups and downs. She always has been a delicate flower, not the tough girl everyone knows. She is lovely.




Update: Saw Carol yesterday at the hospital. She appears to have paralysis on her left side. She responded by opening her eyes when I talked to her. She looked at me it seemed. But she struggled to keep her eyes open. It's impossible to make any conclusions. Time will tell.

No comments: