Sunday, September 14, 2008

Human again


We got back tonight and found our lights, water and phone restored. We danced for five minutes straight. We invited our electricity-challenged friends over to share the A/C and stove and ice. It was a very decadent party. Their 18-month-old didn't want to leave, I think, because of our A/C.

We cannot believe our luck. Our luck in having gracious family to put us up at the last minute and be so much fun. Luck that we were among the first 340,000 (of 2 million in Harris County) to get their electricity restored. Luck that I-10 eastbound was not the congestion monster we expected.

Today in Lockhart, Evan scratched off his Mom's lottery ticket and won $20. She said he is lucky. So I asked him if I could rub his head for luck. He obliged. So, hey, Evan: Thanks!

I'm going to bed tonight feeling charmed. I want to get to work early Monday. Good night and good luck.

No comments: